News and Announcements
- Freeport Little League Recognition
- Full Concessions (free hot dog to players wear their little league jersey)
- Freeport Little League picture with Pretzel players
- Radar gun station for Freeport Little League players
- Supervised batting cage use.
- Freeport Little League will be able to play catch in the outfield between games.
- Special appearance by Mr. Twister
- Travelling trophy will be passed to the winner of the varsity contest
- JV game to follow varsity contest
F/S Baseball vs. Rock Falls @ Freeport on Saturday, May 6 has been rescheduled to Friday, April 21. The game will be changed from a double-header to a single game beginning at 4:30 p.m.
ATHLETIC COLLEGIATE CEREMONY - Tuesday, May 2 in the FHS cafeteria at 2:45 p.m. Any senior that is participating in a college sport next year is welcome. The student must complete an entry form from the business office or athletic office. All forms are due Friday, April 28. Students must invite any college representatives, family, and friends to the event. The school will notify local media outlets and provide notices at the school (announcements, web page, etc.).
FREEPORT HIGH SCHOOL HALL OF FAME
The purpose of the Hall of Fame is to recognize and honor all the great athletes, coaches, educators, community members and alumni who have brought fame to Freeport High School. Candidates for membership into the Hall of Fame shall be outstanding student athletes, coaches, educators, community members and alumni who fall into the following categories: Bob Johnson Distinguished Alumni: This award is given to individuals credited with exceptional accomplishments post high school who have distinguished Freeport High School. Preston Pearson Outstanding Athlete / Accomplished Team: This award is given to individuals or teams credited with distinguished athletic or interscholastic accomplishments in high school and/or after high school, who have distinguished Freeport High School. Bill Chance Accomplished Educator / Coach: This award is given to individuals who have distinguished themselves as educators and/or coaches and made outstanding contributions to our students’ future success, and have distinguished Freeport High School. Kathy Helm Friend of Freeport Schools: This award is given to individuals who have made outstanding contributions and/or offered extraordinary service to students, programs or our schools. Nominations to the Hall of Fame are open to the public. Nominations are due by May 1, 2017. --CLICK HERE FOR FORM-- The banquet will be September 30, 2017 at the Freeport Masonic Temple.
All parents and students interested in participating in football are required to attend the Football Registration Night on Monday, June 5 in the East Gym from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Players must have a parent present.
- Register for the season.
- Pick up football equipment.
- Attend the code of conduct meeting in the FHS cafeteria @ 6:30 p.m. for all freshmen and their parents.
- Team meal for all registrants @ Cimino's (7:30 p.m.).
- FHN Sport Physical Nights
- Tuesday, July 25 & Tuesday, Aug. 8 @ Burchard Hills Clinic ($20.00 -- Parent must be present).
- Football (players must be registered before any equipment is checked out)
- All parents and students interested in participating in football are required to attend the Football Registration Night on Monday, June 5 in the East Gym from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- High School Camp (9th-12th) 5 - 7:30 p.m. on June 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27 and 29.
- Youth Football Camp (3rd - 8th) 4 - 5:30 p.m. on July 24-27
- High School Camp (9th-12th) 5 - 7:30 p.m. on July 10-13, 17-20 & 24-27
- First day of Practice (9th-12th) 4 - 7 p.m. on Monday, August 7