OCUSD 220 has a long and proud tradition of excellence in education. Our Board and staff are committed to providing the highest learning standards in a safe and welcoming educational environment.
OCUSD 220 is located in Ogle County with schools in Oregon and Mt. Morris. We provide a wide variety of educational programs, services and settings, including preschool programs, a traditional K-6 setting, as well as an Advanced Placement curriculum and vocational opportunities at the secondary level. The district is also a member school of the Ogle County Educational Cooperative, an organization that serves the area's special needs students.
Why Choose Oregon Community School District 220?
• High Ranking in U.S. News and World Report Oregon High School was named one of the best schools in the nation by US News and World Report’s Best High Schools ranking. Our teachers and principals are recognized at the state and national level for excellence in education.
• High Graduation Rate 98% graduation rate compared to state average of 82%.
• High Teacher/Student Ratio Average of 1 full-time teacher for every 15 students, exceeding the state average.
• High Per Pupil Spending We spend more than $9,000 per pupil each school year with 59% paying for student instruction, 38 % going to support services and 3% spent on other elementary and secondary expenditures.
On evaluation forms, our graduating seniors state they are well prepared for the next step in their lives thanks to what they learned in the Oregon School District.
Preschool to High School… and Beyond
The Oregon School District provides a wide variety of educational programs, services and settings, including:
• Preschool programs • Traditional K-12 setting • Advanced Placement curriculum • Vocational opportunities at the secondary level • Dual credit courses in Engineering-Math-Science taken for both high school and college credit
For our students with special needs, the district is a member of the Ogle County Educational Cooperative (OCEC). OCEC curriculum provides a high level of student support customized to each student’s needs that includes life skills workshops, job training, and community activism. We also have a state-of-art life skills classroom and a specialized Autism Response Team.
National Board Certifed Teachers
The Oregon School District is proud to have 7 of the 11 national board certifed teachers in Ogle County working in our schools.
Students in our vigorous music, arts and theatre programs have been recognized statewide for their excellence. Our fine arts program includes courses in digital media, painting, drawing, music, band, orchestra and choir with an annual spring musical production drawing dozens of students to audition and perform.
While many districts have been forced to reduce time in the fine arts, our students’ time has increased to a total of 80 minutes per week, contributing to well-rounded students who are encouraged to follow their dreams.
Our student athletes continue to achieve success both on and of the feld. The guiding philosophy of our coaching staff is to use positive motivation and guidance to help each student athlete realize his or her full potential. Oregon student athletes benefit from outstanding facilities that enhance their chances for self improvement and athletic achievement. Our eight lane outdoor track is one of the finest in the state, and our four multi-purpose indoor courts give our athletes the resources they need during the winter months. It all adds up to an environment that encourages success both on the field and in the classroom.
We encourage our students to get involved in activities that interest them and promote intellectual, emotional and community growth. Some of our offerings include:
Academic Bowl, Band, Bass Fishing, Book Club, Chess Club, Choir, Dungeons & Dragons, Drama, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Fiber Arts, Future Farmers of America, Gay/Straight Alliance, Hawk Force, Health Careers Club, International Club, Jazz Band, Key Club, Madrigals, National Honor Society, Poms/Dance, Peer Helpers,, Student Council, Yearbook