HHS New Athletic Event Procedures
12/29/2017 9:00 PM
Winter Sports - Concussion Baseline Testing
Concussion baseline testing will take place for all winter sports athletes next week!!! The athletes that need to test would include FRESHMEN (even if you tested in middle school last year), JUNIORS, and any other students that have not tested in the last 2 years. If a student is currently playing a fall sport, they do not need to test again. The testing will take place at HHS in computer labs C2120 and C2122. ALL ATHLETES MUST HAVE A TESTING SHEET SIGNED BY A PARENT WITH MEDICAL INFORMATION INCLUDED TO TEST (link to the sheet is above)! Testing will take place at the following dates/times:
Tuesday, October 24 - 2:30-4:00 (last test starts at 3:30)
Wednesday, October 25 - 2:30-4:00 (last test starts at 3:30)
Thursday, October 26 - 2:30-4:00 (last test starts at 3:30)
If you have any questions, please contact Assistant Athletic Director Chris Maxedon at email@example.com.
10/26/2017 8:14 PM
Huntley High School athletic programs are provided as a privilege to those students having the desire to compete and to enhance their overall abilities. Students who choose to participate are considered “representatives” of Huntley High School and are expected to demonstrate good character, high morals, and an attitude of giving their best. In addition, “representatives” of Huntley High School are expected to demonstrate good sportsmanship and self-discipline. Because the Board of Education, administration, and staff expect these attributes, the Huntley High School Athletic Code of Conduct is used to ensure that these qualities are demonstrated by all participants.
The objectives of the athletic programs at Huntley High School are to:
- Provide a highly competitive experience grounded in sound educational practice.
- Assist in the safe and healthy development of the participant.
- Create an enjoyable experience for the participants, student body, fans, and community by promoting sportsmanship, morale, and school spirit.
- Instill qualities such as teamwork, pride, work ethic, personal responsibility, and self-discipline in its participants.
- Promote the education and development of students through high school athletic participation.