@ Saint Irene/Saint James
@ SMG/Saint Joseph
@ SJA/SIJ Co-Ed
@ Sacred Heart/St. Pius X
@ St. Pets/St. Michael
There are no current announcements.
CROSS COUNTRY | Varsity
- Practices will be held every Sunday from 11:30-12:30pm and every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:00 – 7:00pm at Spring Road & Prairie Path gazebo. Wednesday's practice will be an optional practice and also used as a make up for anyone who cannot make the Sunday session. Times for the practices will change during the season based on the sunset. Coaches will communicate these changes during the season.
- The first practice will be Tuesday August 14th.
IC runners MUST be registered to participate. Please register at ICGS Athletic website, http://il.8to18.com/icgs
IC runners must also have a current physical on file at school.
Between IC and Visitation, we have lots of runners this season. Coaches want to be sure all have a fun and safe experience.
We encourage parents to help at practices; timing & street crossings, etc., no running necessary.
Let the coaches know if you are able to help and what practice day would work best.
Please text or e-mail coaches if your runner cannot attend practices or meet.
2018 Cross Country Meet Schedule
- August 25: Fenwick (Fenwick Priory Campus in River Fores)
- Sept 1 : St. Irene/St. James (Summerlakes Park – Warrenville)
- Sept 8 : SMG/St. Joseph (DGS&R Club – Downers Grove)
- Sept 15 : GVM Co-Ed hosted by SJA & SIJ (Marmion Academy – Aurora)
- Sept 22 Sacred Heart/St. Pius X (Lombard Commons)
- Sept 29 : Conference Championship Meet – hosted by St. Pets/St. Michael (Lewis Univ.)
- Oct 6 : State Sectionals (tbd - Lewis last year)
- Oct 13 : State Championship Meet (Maxwell Park, Bloomington /Normal)
SPL Meet Parent Volunteer Assignments:
ICGS: Hand out ribbons at end of chute to finishers
Visitation: Assist in timing and scoring
Each school is given an assigned task by the league and is required to provide volunteers at each meet. We will need 2 volunteers from ICGS and 2 volunteers from Visitation each week.
Please sign up for a meet using the sign up genius, which will be provided by the coaches.
IC/VIS Cross-Country Coaches:
Brendan Moriarty, email@example.com
Matt McGreal firstname.lastname@example.org
Barry Brandt, email@example.com
Maggie Pacana firstname.lastname@example.org