2018-2019 Fall Registration
8/18/2018 8:44 PM
"Taste Under the Lights" - August 17th 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Save the date for a family night out!
Friday, August 17, 3:00pm to 10:00pm - South Elgin H.S. Stadium
Food Trucks, Obstacle Course, Fall Sports Olympic Parade, dunk tank & more - available 3pm-7pm
Performances by the Cheer, Dance, & Band
All levels of Soccer & Football Scrimmages - "Under the lights"
More information to follow...
8/17/2018 9:52 PM
2018-19 Sports Offered...
4/1/2019 5:54 PM
vs. West Chicago H.S.
vs. Aurora East High School
@ Elgin High School
@ Streamwood High School
vs. Glenbard East High School
vs. Larkin High School
@ Glenbard South High School
vs. Bartlett High School
@ Aurora West High School
Saturday, Aug. 25Click for more
West Chicago H.S.
Saturday, Sep. 01Click for more
Aurora East High School
Friday, Sep. 07Click for more
Elgin High School
Friday, Sep. 14Click for more
Streamwood High School
Saturday, Sep. 22Click for more
Glenbard East High School
Saturday, Sep. 29Click for more
Larkin High School
Friday, Oct. 05Click for more
Glenbard South High School
Saturday, Oct. 13Click for more
Bartlett High School
Friday, Oct. 19Click for more
Aurora West High School
BOYS FOOTBALL | Varsity
2018 Fall Season Checklist
1) Must have passed 5 academic courses during your spring semester.
2) Must have registered for the 2018 school year with the SEHS Guidance Department. If you are new to South Elgin HS you must get the proper forms from the Athletic Office. (This does not mean incoming Freshman)
3) Must have registered, and submitted payment, for the fall football season atil.8to18.com/sehs. a) You have been provided an entire off-season to be prepared to start the Football season on time. If you are not ready to participate on Day #1, due to your inability to be accountable / prepared, this will inevitably have an impact on your preparation for our upcoming opponent and you will be missing important practice time. If you have questions please make sure to ask well in advance. b) If you are new to the program, or you have not participated in our summer camp, you must be registered online in order to receive your equipment on our designated Late Equipment Handout on Thursday, August 2nd from 9am - 10:30am.
4) Must have completed annual sports physical (must be current through December 2018) in order to participate during the 2018 football season. Take care of this prior to August 1st, in order for our Athletic office to have enough time to process this, so that you can participate the first day of practice on August 6th.
5) Completed the Concussion Screening and Protocol Presentation prior to the first contest of the Season (Date TBD). You will not be allowed to participate unless you have completed this screening. District U-46 will provide the service and our athletic trainer will facilitate the process.
6) Attended the Mandatory Player’s and Parent’s Meeting on Tuesday, August 7th, from 6pm - 7:30 pmin the SEHS Gymnasium. We will review all expectations and share opportunities on how parent’s can get involved with the Storm Football Program.
7) Reviewed the IHSA protocol for eligibility to participate in the first contest.
Important IHSA Attendance Requirement – “A student shall become eligible to participate in an interscholastic contest in Boys Football after completing a minimum of 1 1/2 hours (90 minutes) of actual field practice on twelve(12) different days, excluding Sunday, and any day on which the student actually plays in an interscholastic football contest.”
Storm Football Season FAQ’s
Where can I find the schedule and other important information for South Elgin football? http://il.8to18.com/sehs/activities/football/b
Where do I register for the football season? Camp registration takes place on http://il.8to18.com/sehs
I took a physical last year; do I need a new one?
Yes. Every athlete must have a new physical on file with the athletic/nurses offices prior to
beginning the football season. All physicals are valid for one calendar year; therefore, if you have
a physical on file from a spring semester sport that physical will be deemed valid.
How do I handle any absence during the season?
Please try to provide advance notice and email Coach Teonic (Varsity), Coach Szpejnowski
(Sophomore/JV), or Coach Thornton (Freshmen) prior to the absence. Please review the details of
the attendance policy on our team website. We have a very competitive program with a lot of
players trying to earn playing time. Consistent attendance is extremely important to our coaching
staff. We must be able to trust your son and his commitment to his teammates in order for him to
have a chance of participating in a game during the fall. Playing time is earned and not guaranteed
in high school athletics. If a player’s attendance is inconsistent, do not expect him to play on game
day. Three unexcused absences in the fall will result in dismissal from our program. A total of 5
excused and unexcused will result in dismissal from the football program.
What do I do if I am injured and can’t participate?
If a player is injured, they should still report to practice and receive treatment and rehabilitation
from our Athletic Trainer. They are part of a team sport and need to remain involved in the team
setting based on the recommendation of the Athletic Trainer and Medical Staff.
What do I need to bring to practice?
Notebook/pen, helmet, shoulder pads, girdle, kneepads, practice pants/jersey, cleats, gym shoes,
extra t-shirt, and a water bottle with name on it. The water system will be running, but we
recommend you bring your own water bottle. All assigned football equipment, including a
purchased girdle and mouthpiece, should be with the player daily. Please make sure you shower
immediately following practice and launder your clothing daily. You should also wipe down your
shoulder pads and helmet weekly with soapy water and a washcloth to ensure we fight off any
bacteria or fungus.
What happens if there is inclement weather?
We still have practice on these days. We will make sure all players are safe and we will move
What are the Locker Room Procedures and Policies?
Lockers will be assigned and a lock will be issued for each football participant. Do not leave cell
phones or valuables unsecured. If you have any equipment issues, make sure to arrive 30 minutes
prior to the start of practice to ensure that your equipment can be adjusted or replaced and email
your levels head coach in advance. There will also be planned dates/times available at the end of
practice to complete this. Your equipment is your responsibility. Any equipment not returned will
result in a fine slip. Note: Players should never be in a locker room unattended or without
permission of a coach.
Where should I drop off and pick up our player?
The Drop Off/Pick Up area for practice should be the MAIN STREET Door 51 Gymnasium
Entrance of South Elgin High School. Students will report to the Commons area for check
in/attendance. All athletes who drive should park on that side of the building as well. Please do
not use parking lot next to Tennis Courts or the lot adjacent to the practice field. Please help us
ensure that all student-athletes are picked up in a timely manner.
Can parents attend practice?
Yes, parents are welcome to attend and watch practice whenever they like. Only coaches who are
part of our coaching staff are allowed to coach or direct players. Parents will need to make sure
they are in the designated viewing areas at all times.
When will we eat lunch?
We will be offering Gatorade Meal Replacement shakes and bars for purchase, however, it is best
to bring a lunch.
Please appreciate and respect the process of preparing for the upcoming football season by
demonstrating consistency in everything you do.
Important Contact Information
Head Varsity Football Coach
SEHS Athletics Website - http://il.8to18.com/sehs
Please make sure to check this site for announcements and scheduling.
Head Sophomore Coach
Head Freshmen Coach
Physical Education Teacher
Head Football Coach - South Elgin High School
Assistant Track & Field Coach - Larkin High School