Winter Sports Update
In response to the "Tier 3 COVID-19 Resurgence Mitigations" set forth by Governor J.B. Pritzker, all practices/competitions for winter sports (Boys' Basketball, Girls' Basketball, Competitive Cheerleading, Competitive Dance, Ice Hockey, Girls' Gymnastics, and Boys' Swimming/Diving) are canceled from Friday, November 20th through Friday, December 4th. The Office of the Governor will review the mitigations after two weeks. It is our hope to return to activities on Monday, December 7th.
The recent mitigations pause winter sports, off-season open gyms, and weight training/conditioning.
The health and safety of our student athletes and coaches continues to be our top priority.
12/6/2020 4:45 PM
IHSA - Return to Athletics (Winter Season)
In response to the announcement from the IHSA to implement a "Return to Activities", the Athletic Department at Homewood-Flossmoor High School has created a plan that includes the most recent changes to the seasons, schedules, guidelines, and procedures.
All recommendations from the IHSA, CDC and IDPH will be followed.
- The following sports are included in the Winter Season: Competitive Cheerleading, Competitive Dance, Girls’ Gymnastics and Boys’ Swimming/Diving. Wrestling has been moved to the Summer Season. Due to Basketball currently at a "High Risk" Level sport, the start date has yet to be determined. Homewood-Flossmoor High School along with the other SouthWest Suburban Conference schools will continue to advocate for designating Basketball as a "Medium" Risk Level sport and delay the start of Basketball Competition rather than cancel play for the entire winter season. Basketball practice will begin two weeks prior to any scheduled contests, whether before a delayed winter season or a start date later in the school year.
- The start date for the winter season is November 16th. Physical Examination Forms must be on file in the Athletic Department Office (North Building) in order to participate on opening day. Please complete the required Physical Examination Form by November 13th. Physical Examination Forms can be submitted at the Security Desk in the North Building (Enter Door A) or sent via email to email@example.com. Please note: The Physical Exam/Vaccination Report required for incoming Freshman can be used to participate in athletics.
- Please visit https://hf.8to18.com/accounts/login by selecting the Registration tab above to register for the Winter Season.
Winter Tryout/Practice Schedule
November 16: Cheerleading Room – 3:30pm to 6:00pm
November 17: Cheerleading Room – 3:30pm to 6:00pm
November 17: Dance Studio – 3:30pm to 5:30pm
November 18: Dance Studio – 3:30pm to 5:30pm
Boys’ Swimming and Diving
November 16: Pool – 3:30pm to 5:30pm
November 17: Pool – 3:30pm to 5:30pm
November 18: Pool – 3:30pm to 5:30pm
November 16: Gymnastics Room – 3:30pm to 5:30pm (Day 1 for "Group 1" A-M)
November 17: Gymnastics Room – 3:30pm to 5:30pm (Day 1 for "Group 2" N-Z)
November 18: Gymnastics Room – 3:30pm to 5:30pm (Day 2 for "Group 1" A-M)
November 19: Gymnastics Room – 3:30pm to 5:30pm (Day 2 for "Group 2" N-Z)
- Registration for the Spring Season and the Summer Season will be posted at a later date.
- All athletic facilities at Homewood-Flossmoor High School are currently closed to the public in order to ensure the health and safety of our student athletes, coaches and staff. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
We are H-F...Go Vikings!
1/1/2021 8:33 PM
Student Athlete of the Week
Please view the following link for our Student Athlete of the Week page.
6/5/2021 5:34 PM
Screening Procedure - infos.hf233.org
The Athletic Department has implemented a screening procedure for our student athletes.
- Parents/Guardians are required to complete a mobile Self Certification Form for their son or daughter prior to arriving on campus. The Parents/Guardians will log into infos.hf233.org using the student's Gmail Account. It is best if the parents/guardians complete the form on the student athlete's cell phone. Once the certification is complete, the student athlete should screenshot the "Approval" screen.
- At the start of each practice or competition, the student athlete will show the coaching staff the completed form on his/her mobile device.
- The coaching staff will complete a Temperature Check for each student athlete. If the temperature is higher than 100.4, the student athlete will be sent home.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
3/1/2021 9:27 PM
Winter Season - Spectators
In response to the current guidelines set forth by the IDPH, CDC, IHSA, and SWSC, Homewood-Flossmoor High School will not allow spectators at any athletic contests (Home or Away) until further notice. We understand that the decision may be disappointing but the health/safety of the student athletes and coaches is our top priority. Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
3/1/2021 2:44 PM