WINTER SPORTS UPDATE
Hello Steelmen Student-Athletes and Families,
Due to the Tier 3 mitigations set forth by the Governor, the IHSA has no expectations of starting winter sports prior to January. The IHSA will continue to monitor the mitigations currently in place. When there is a timeline for the state to emerge from these restrictions, the Board is prepared to restart lower risk winter sports quickly.
From the IHSA: The Board reiterated that they remain committed to creating as much opportunity as possible for all sports that remain to be played this school year. They intend to evaluate the equity of each season as a potential resumption date in January begins to materialize. The Board appreciates the flexibility displayed by our schools throughout the pandemic, and although they recognize the challenges each modification creates, they continue to ask that schools be adaptable in the New Year. The Board continues to evaluate season start and ending dates depending on when the winter season resumes.
Please note, the IHSA Board will decide on December 14 about the next steps for sports which includes the possibility of Badminton being moved to the winter season.
As a district, we will continue to monitor the progress of the mitigations and restrictions. We understand the important role that sports play for our student-athletes and our goal is to ensure that it is safe to resume. If you have any questions, please let us know.
1/1/2021 3:18 PM
Updated Physical Information
If you have a completed updated physical for this school year, please drop it off to the main entrance between the hours of 8-3pm. You can also scan it as a PDF and email it to our office, email@example.com. Another option is to mail it to our office:
Joliet Central Athletics
Attn: Renee Rink
201 E Jefferson St
Joliet, IL 60432
Please be aware, we CANNOT accept pictures of the completed physical form.
5/28/2021 2:22 PM
IHSA Return to Activities
For more information regarding the adjustments of sports and season, please visit https://www.ihsa.org/Resources/COVID-19
- Registration for Spring Season and Summer Season will be posted at a later date.
6/26/2021 4:50 PM