Please click here for our team rosters.
7/1/2023 8:26 PM
MCHS ATHLETIC MISSION STATEMENT
It is the responsibility of MCHS students, staff, and community to create an environment for athletics that promotes sportsmanship and a strong work ethic with an emphasis on team first, through the guidance of the coaching staff.
SPORTSMANSHIP MISSION STATEMENT
Good sportsmanship is the attitude and behavior that exemplifies positive support for the interscholastic programs of IHSA member schools, as well as for the individuals who participate in such programs. People involved in all facets of the interscholastic program are expected to demonstrate respect for others and display good sportsmanship.
SPORTSMANSHIP IS EVERYBODY’S RESPONSIBILITY
Sportsmanship starts on the court or athletic field and extends into the bleachers and beyond. In today’s increasingly competitive environment, the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat seem to be more intensified than ever before. It is important to raise the public awareness of sportsmanship and interscholastic activities. It is everyone’s responsibility to practice good sportsmanship. Recognizing the efforts by students, coaches, administrators, spirit groups, and fans is a valuable part of the interscholastic experience.
MINOOKA COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT SLOGAN
“WORK TOGETHER WIN TOGETHER” SPORT A WINNING ATTITUDE
(THE SPORTING CREED)
The Participant . . .
1. Lives clean and plays hard. Plays for the love of the game.
2. Wins without boasting, loses without excuses, and never quits.
3. Respects officials and accepts their decisions without question.
4. Never forgets that he/she represents his/her school.
The Coach . . .
1. Inspires in his/her athletes a love for the game and the desire to win.
2. Teaches them that it is better to lose fairly than to win unfairly.
3. Leads players and spectators to respect officials by setting a good example.
4. Is the type of person he/she wants athletes to be.
The Spectator . . .
1. Acknowledges the efforts of participants involved in interscholastic activities.
2. Respects officials, players, and coaches of all teams, and treats them courteously.
3. Always demonstrates behavior that is conducive to good sportsmanship.
4. Never forgets that he/she also represents the school.