IHSA STAGE 2 RETURN TO PLAY BENET SPORT SESSIONS
The IHSA's Stage 2 Return to Play summer plan is awaiting approval by the IDPH and ISBE. Benet is ready to move on to Stage 2 when the IHSA receives approval. The start of these sessions will be announced via our social media and web sites, as well as via coach communication. Parents, if you have not yet registered your athlete for their 2020-2021 sports please do so now so coaches have your contact information.
We understand your frustration, waiting to hear when high school sports will ramp back up while summer vacation plans hang in the balance. The Benet Athletic Department, its coaches, athletic trainers, and Benet Administration have been working tirelessly this summer to be able to pivot as soon as the green light is given to all schools by the IHSA. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Some programs will have a fee that will be collected by the coaching staff.
- If you have not heard from coaches, please visit their team page or contact them directly if details are not listed here or on the link to their team page.
- Boys and Girls Golf and Boys and Girls Swimming typically do not have sport specific sessions during the summer. All athletes are welcome to sign up for Coach Sayers' conditioning sessions for all athletes.
- A physical form is NOT required for summer training sessions.
- However, the attached waiver IS required to participate. Parents, please print out the entire waiver and sign and date the last page. Athletes must bring all pages of the waiver to the first session they attend. Athletes without a signed waiver WILL NOT be able to participate.
- Before any athlete can enter a Benet building or step onto a field, they will be asked a series of COVID symptom questions and have a thermal scanned temperature taken. Any athlete who responds yes to any of the questions or has a temp > 100.3 F will be sent home. Parents who are dropping off their athletes, if possible, please remain on campus until your athlete is screened in case he/she needs to return home. A smartphone or tablet will be required to complete the screening. Please have your athlete bring their device with them to their training venue.
- A copy of Benet Academy's Return to Play Policy will be available online at Benet.org>Athletics>Athletics Home, once the IHSA gives all schools permission to begin Stage 2.
Frosh July 6th - 9th and July 13th - 16th (Register at benetcamps.com)
Softball: Incoming Freshmen through Rising Seniors (Coach Schilf)
Girls Soccer: Incoming Freshmen through Rising Seniors (Coach Oconer)
Boys Lacrosse: Incoming Freshmen through Rising Seniors (Coach Moran)
Again, please email coaches directly if a link to the details of their summer offerings is not available above.
(Note Regarding Physical Forms for Team Sports: Physical forms are valid for 13 months. A physical form dated any time during this summer is valid for the entire school year and for each athletic season. Only one form is required for the entire year regardless of how many sports an athlete plays.
Athletes who will be trying out this fall for a cut sport, or participating in a non cut sport, may mail their physical forms (Benet Academy, ATTN: Sports Physical, 2200 Maple Ave, Lisle IL 60532) or fax them to 630-719-2826. Please do not come to campus to drop off physical forms. All Forms Days have been cancelled.
Clearance Tickets are required for FALL SPORTS ONLY. Clearance Tickets for the 2020 fall season beginning on August 10th will be sent to the email address associated with your 8to18 sport registration account. This process will not begin until after the 4th of July holiday. Registration must be complete and a physical form received before the Clearance Ticket will be emailed to you.
If your first sport will be a Winter or Spring sport, mail in physical forms after August 10 or athletes may deliver their form to the Athletic Office once the school year begins.
7/12/2020 8:16 PM
REGISTRATION FOR ALL 2020-2021 SPORTS IS OPEN!
Click on Registration tab above to begin the registration process.
FALL ATHLETES - ALL FORMS DAYS AT BENET HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. THE CLEARANCE TICKET FOR ALL FALL SPORTS WILL BE EMAILED TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR 8TO18 REGISTRATION ACCOUNT.
ALL PHYSICAL FORMS FOR ATHLETICS - FAX (630-719-2826) OR MAIL (Benet Academy, ATTN: Sports Physical, 2200 Maple Ave, Lisle, IL 60532) in a copy of your physical form. Physical forms for fall sport athletes should be received by the athletic office by August 3. Please keep the original copy in a place of safekeeping so you can access it if needed. EMAILED, SCANNED and EMAILED, PICTURES of FORMS ARE NOT PERMITTED AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
For further information regarding requirements to complete the process, including submission of a valid physical form, please click here for a letter to all potential fall athletes.
8/4/2020 5:00 AM
Benet Academy Athletics Ranked #8 in the Country
Max Preps shone a ray of sunshine during the same week the spring sport season was cancelled due to the corona virus pandemic. The final national MaxPreps Cup standings were announced and Benet Academy finished 8th in the country; the only school in the state of Illinois to finish in the top 100! Congratulations to all of the athletes and their coaches! Go Redwings!
8/10/2020 1:27 PM