There are no current announcements.
ATHLETIC TRAINING | Varsity
Licensed Athletic Trainers
Athletic Trainers are licensed by the State of Illinois as healthcare professionals who collaborate with physicians to optimize care for the safe return to activity and participation by patients and clients, including athletes. Athletic training encompasses the prevention, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of emergency, acute, and chronic injuries and medical conditions involving impairment, functional limitations, and disabilities.
Licensed Athletic Trainers are found providing healthcare in a variety of settings including, but not limited to:
- Schools (K-12, Colleges, Universities)
- Amateur, Professional, and Olympic Sports Venues
- Hospitals, Physician Offices, and Sports Medicine Clinics
- Industrial Clinics (Commercial, Governmental, Aerospace)
- Military and Law Enforcement Settings
- Performing Arts