The Marist Brothers of the Schools were founded in 1817 rural France by Saint Marcellin Champagnat in order to provide a quality education and make Jesus known and loved to those among him. Blessed with his founding spirit, the Marist Brothers continue to bring this time-honored tradition and mission to students around the world.
On September 9, 1963, the doors of Marist High School opened with 320 young men enrolled as the charter class. In fall of 2002, Marist entered a new beginning in its history as it became a coeducational school. The full transition to coed was completed in the 2005-2006 academic year.