News and Announcements
NCHS FALL CONTACT DAYS/PRACTICES
The IHSA Board of Directors has given us permission for any athletic program not currently in a fall season, to hold practices between September 7th and October 31st. Programs that will be participating in these fall contact days are: girls & boys basketball, cheerleading, dance, girls & boys lacrosse, girls and boys soccer, volleyball, football and wrestling. All practices will follow the IHSA phase 4 guidelines. All athletes will be required to bring the following items with them to every practice:
- A mask
- Their own water jug or sports drink
- Towel (if needed)
- Appropriate clothing for sport must be worn
- Go to https://nchs.8to18.com/
- Click on the green rectangle in the top right-hand corner that says "Begin Registration)
- Select "Summer Camps"
- Click the blue rectangle that says "proceed with registration"
- Select your child's name. If your child's name isn't available, click the "Add A New Participant" and follow the screen prompts
- Select the sport(s) your child will participate in during the fall contact period
- proceed to by entering your child's information and agreeing to the forms.
- To finalize/complete the registration, be sure to click the "Submit" button on the final page
The head coach of each program should communicate with you and your child about where to go when they arrive at the school for practice. What the check in procedure will look like and how the contact day/practice will be run.
Below are the contact day schedules for each program.
- Girls Basketball: Tuesday & Thursday 6:30 - 8:30 pm & Saturday 9/19 & 10/17 10:00 - 12:00 pm, in Big Gym (athletes that didn't attend summer camp need to register)
- Dance: Thursdays 3:45 - 5:45 pm in Small Gym (no registration for members of the team required)
- Girls Lacrosse: Wednesdays 5-6:30 pm Parkside Junior HIgh Practice Field (all participants need to register)
- Volleyball: Monday 4 -6 pm, Wednesday 6:30 - 8:30 pm Big Gym (athletes that didn't attend summer camp need to register)
- Cheerleading: Tuesdays & Thursday 4-6 pm Big Gym (all participants need to register)
- Boys & Girls Soccer: Monday & Wednesday 3:30-5 pm (Goalkeepers 3:30-4:15, All 4-5) (all participants need to register)
- Boys Basketball: Monday 6:30 - 8:30, Wednesday 4 - 6 pm in Big Gym & Little Gym (athletes that didn't attend summer camp need to register)
- Football: Var/So-Fri 6-8:30 pm, Fresh-Friday 6:30-7:30 am (athletes that didn't attend summer camp need to register)
- Boys Lacrosse: Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-8 pm @ Kingsley Junior High (all participants need to register)
- Wrestling: Thursdays 6-7 pm Practice Field/Weight Room (all participants need to register)